Senior Youth Group Advisor
PART-TIME POSITION AVAILABLE
Beth El Temple Center (BETC) in Belmont, MA, is seeking a Youth Advisor to our Senior Youth Group (BEFTY).
A warm and inclusive synagogue, Beth El Temple Center is a mid-sized congregation, affiliated with the Union for Reform Judaism. We are located in Belmont, Massachusetts and serve many surrounding communities, including Cambridge, Watertown, Waltham, Lexington, Arlington, and Somerville. With a strong egalitarian tradition, Beth El Temple Center welcomes Jews and their families who want to be a part of our Jewish community, including interfaith families, members of the LGBTQ community, and people with disabilities.
About the Role
- Salaried position, schedule varies with events (approximately 20-25 hours per month)
- Advise BEFTY Board on planning, organizing, publicizing, and execution of events
- Work closely with the BETC Youth Committee, Director of Education, and temple leaders to implement the BETC Youth Program vision
- Attend all BEFTY events and activities
- Attend regional youth group (NFTY) events with interested BETC youth
- Attend monthly Youth Committee meetings
- Work to increase participation of BETC youth in youth group activities
- Mentor BETC youth to become strong Jewish leaders who use Jewish ideals and ethics in their daily decision-making
- Oversee youth group budget and finances
- You are outgoing
- You have a strong Jewish identity
- You love working with teens and have prior experience working with youth programs
- You may have gone to a Jewish camp or have participated in Jewish youth groups
Why work at Beth El Temple Center?
- Supportive community
- Easily accessible by public transportation
- Great professional experience
- Position is flexible and fits nicely with a school or work schedule