Nominations are now open for the fourth annual Jonathan Jacoby Tikkun Olam Awards. These awards were created by the Social Action Committee to honor long-time Temple member, Jonathan Jacoby, who set an example for us all by his dedication to the work of tikkun olam, "repairing the world." One adult and one youth member will be selected for the award each year.
We hope many of you will consider nominating fellow congregants for this award. Click on Continue Reading for details on the nomination process.
Please include the following information on each nomination:
- Nominee’s Name and Contact Info, phone and email
- Nominator’s Name and Contact Info, phone and email
- Reasons for the nomination, including anecdotes and examples of the nominee’s social action/justice service, and the impact/significance of such activities.
Each submission should be limited to two pages. Nominations must be received by October 4, 2019. Thank you in advance for your thoughtful submissions.
Past honorees include: Rhiana Kohl, Julie Kremer, Amy Rosenstein, Sofia Bernstein, Jessica Daum, Will & Mat-thew Gladstone, Jeremy Ornstein, and Olivia Weiss. They have been recognized for making a difference in issues related to healthcare (Alzheimer’s disease), food insecurity, refugee resettlement, gender equity, Middle East peace, conservation efforts and environment sustainability, civic action, and racial justice.
Donations in their honor have been made to:
• Alzheimer’s Association
• Boston Mobilization (Sub/Urban Justice)
• Food Link
• Galapagos Conservancy
• Kids 4 Peace
• Refugee and Immigrant Assistance Center (RIAC)
• Secure Community Network (Jewish Federations of North America)
• The Mountain School of Milton Academy